EPC accommodation package
New accommodation package at Earle Page College (EPC)
For only $170 per week, you get:
- On-campus accommodation
- Single occupancy room
- No contract
- No bond or deposit required
- Flexible catering and self-catered options available
- Small kitchen and common room on each floor
- Large commercial communal kitchen adjacent to College Dining Hall
- Minimal share bathroom
- More services and support for less cost than private town accommodation and Smith House
- Secure environment with swipe card access
- Free shuttle bus from library to college at night
- Parking adjacent to the College
- Nursing students don't pay while on placement
Benefit from FREE:
- Laundry services – washing machines and dryers
- Room furniture, including bed, bar fridge, desk, chair, wardrobe
- Secure bike shed
- Music rooms
- Study & social spaces
- Communal garden
- Plenty of private study and social spaces
- Courtyard BBQ
Earle Page College is more than just somewhere to sleep. We offer:
- Strong and supportive welfare, academic and social networks
- Well trained student leadership team on each floor
- A friendly, diverse and inclusive community
- A safe and independent living environment
- Beautiful grounds and courtyards
or call: +61 2 6773 2135
Earle Page College (EPC) offers an inclusive, friendly and safe college community for students from all over the world. Our residential blocks are set amongst beautiful leafy grounds and courtyards.
Since 1963, we have been a much loved home-away-from-home for up to 290 UNE students each year. Our balanced university experience will support you in your transition to University studies, creating the right environment for academic achievement, personal development and the opportunity to make life long friends.
At EPC, each floor consists of 22 residents and has its own common room and small kitchen, with secure swipe access to all residential areas.
$170 per week for your own bedroom that includes:
- Single bed
- Bar fridge
- Ducted heating
- Wardrobe and drawers.
We also provide linen packages if required.
EPC offers self-catered, catered and pay-as-you-go meal options.
The catered option provides five evening meals per week in our communal dining hall.
All students are able to access a large commercial communal kitchen adjacent to our dining hall, along with an undercover outdoor BBQ courtyard area, which is a popular with residents.
Alternatively, the café next door sells a variety of dine in or take away meals.
Facilities and Services
At EPC we provide more than just a bedroom. You will experience a full collegiate lifestyle with pastoral care, and academic and social support. All our facilities are FREE and include:
- washing machines and dryers
- WiFi in all bedrooms and college spaces
- Community garden
- Library and group study rooms
- Secure bike shed
- Sound proof music practice rooms
- Baby grand piano in the dining hall
- Social function spaces to unwind and catch up
- Exercise room with weights, cardio and fitness equipment
Leadership and Support
Every floor has its own senior leadership team who have all undertaken extensive leadership and welfare training. Our leaders provide guidance, care and create a supportive and motivating environment on each floor.
Students also have the opportunity to sit on College committees including, sporting, cultural, musical, charity and marketing, all providing valuable lifelong skills.
At EPC we encourage and celebrate academic success, recognising high academic achievement at our Formal Dinners. To help you succeed in your degree, we support you in your academic studies with a variety of customised in-College academic programs specific to your study area.
Our Student Academic Mentors, are an important part of your floor family and provide one-on-one and discipline specific assistance.
Free academic skills workshops and our College-wide study night, Tues2Study, encourage group and discipline-based study.
UNE staff and community members make up our Senior Common Room, regularly providing additional mentoring and academic guidance to our residents.
The JCR (our student social committee) and floor leaders organise regular functions and activities.
Formal dinners feature on our program and offer our residents the chance to dress up and celebrate our successes.
Culture and Performance
Whether you are a performer, emerging artist, novice or a keen spectator, EPC offers you the chance to get involved. EPC has its own Musical, with students of all ability taking part in performance, choreography, design, band and backstage. EPC also perform strongly in the intercollegiate cultural arts
(SFK) competition that includes Debating, Theatre Sports, Performance and Small Music Ensemble.
We love our sport at Earle Page College! You’ll often find us playing casual games of Volleyball and football with friends on our front lawn.
Our College sporting teams do well in the weekly inter college competitions across a range of sports and you’ll see a number of our students representing UNE at the University Games.
Community and Charity
Over the past 38 years, EPC students have been organising our annual Charity Coast Run (voluntary!) from Armidale to Coffs Harbour, with almost $500,000 raised for the Children’s Medical Research Institute.
Our Annual Politics Lecture and Dinner features highly on the University and community calendar and provides students with the opportunity to meet notable politicians, including past Prime Ministers and Senators.