Exchange and Study Abroad for UNE Students

Would you like to travel overseas as part of your UNE degree?

If your answer is yes, then you're in the right place.

Exchange programs are an affordable way to travel overseas while still studying for your UNE degree. It is also a great way to meet new people, see new places and experience a different culture.

An exchange involves a reciprocal agreement between two institutions which enables you to study overseas for one semester or one year. You will continue to pay your tuition fees to UNE as a regular full-time student but you are not required to pay tuition fees to the overseas host university. The subjects you study overseas can be credited to your UNE degree.

Application Deadline

Applications for non-language overseas study in:
  • Trimester 1 (Overseas Exchanges from c. January – June) close the previous year on 30 June.
  • Trimester 2 (Overseas Exchanges from c. August – December/January) close 31 January in the same year.
  • The deadlines for submitting applications is 11.59pm AEST on the relevant dates as per above.

Exchange for UNE students forms.

If you are a language student participating in Overseas Language Study (OSLS) you should apply for your exchange program directly through the School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. OSLS students should only submit an OS-HELP Loan Application Form to UNE International if they intend on applying for an OS-HELP Loan.

Disability Standards for Education 2005 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1992

The Disability Standards for Education 2005 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 only apply to students, while they are in Australia. For students studying overseas, it is up to the host institution to provide adjustments according to the regulations and laws appropriate for a particular country.