Dr Saurabh Jain
Lecturer - School of Law
Phone: +61 2 6773 3537
Saurabh Jain has completed his PhD from Victoria University of Wellington in June 2012. Saurabh wrote his doctoral thesis on the beneficial ownership test in the area of double taxation treaties. He scored his Bachelor of Laws from National Law Institute University, Bhopal, India. He studied Master of Laws in International Commercial Law form University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom. Saurabh has practiced at the District Court (Court of First Instance), Bhopal, India and has worked as a Manager in the legal department of Ispat Industries Ltd, a major Indian steel industry located at Mumbai.
B.A.LL.B.(Hons), LL.M., PhD (Wellington)
Member of the State Bar Council of Madhya Pradesh, India
LAW379 Commercial Law
LAW471 Trade Practices and Consumer Law
LLM601 Trade Practices
Double tax treaties
Conferences and presentations
- Beneficial Ownership and Conduit Companies, Institute for Austrian and International Tax Law, March 2012.
- Effectiveness of the Beneficial Ownership Test in Conduit Company Cases, IBFD Research Students Meeting, Amsterdam, July 2010.
- Beneficial ownership, substantive business activity and conduit companies, Faculty of Law, Victoria University of Wellington, March 2010.
- Effectiveness of the beneficial ownership test in Conduit Company Cases, Australian Tax Teachers Association Conference, Sydney, January 2010.
- Effectiveness of the Beneficial Ownership Test in Conduit Company Cases, Australasian Tax Teachers Association Conference 2010, Sydney www.pandora.nla.gov.au