Oorala Access and Inclusion Study Support Package
The Oorala Aboriginal Centre, in collaboration with UNE’s Student Access & Inclusion office, is offering the Access and Inclusion Study Support Package. The value of this scholarship is $500 and this can be used in addition to UNE existing support services for students with disability, health condition, access needs or equity support.
Access and Inclusion Study Support Package
Applications are now OPEN
How to apply - Please complete the Oorala Access and Inclusion Study Support Package Application Form and return it to Ooralasupport@une.edu.au
- Recipients must be an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person and must satisfy the Confirmation of Aboriginality Criteria.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality and Torres Strait Islander Identity Rule (UNE)
- Confirmation of Aboriginality and Torres Strait Islander Identity Procedures (UNE)
- Recipients must be undertaking an undergraduate or enabling course.
- Financial Need with a threshold of less than $65,000 to be determined by Centrelink Income Statement, Group Certificate, parents income if dependent.
- Valid enrolment in a course of study at UNE post-Census Day.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 24 credit points in the academic year.
- Applicants for an Access and Inclusion Study Support Package are required to
- Register with the Student Access and Inclusion Office or call 02 6773 2897 and
- Applicants must provide Oorala with permission to contact the Access and Inclusion Office to confirm the status of their Study Access Plan (SAP)
Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- The Aboriginal Access and Inclusion Study Support Scholarships are offered once annually.
- Priority will be given to:
- Regional and Remote applicants based on the Australian Government definitions of Regional and Remote areas. http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/locator
- Financial need, a threshold of less than $65,000 to be determined by Centrelink Income Statement, Group Certificate, parents income if dependent. https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Income-and-deductions/Offsets-and-rebates/Low-income- earners/
- External on-line students with limited access to university facilities.
- Applicants who have not previously received a Commonwealth Equity Scholarship.
- Funding, if available, may be awarded for separate components of each package where available packages are not fully awarded.
Once your application has been reviewed by the UNE Indigenous Scholarship Committee, you will be contacted directly via ASKUNE advising you of the outcome. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1800 622 384 (freecall)