UNE PhD.I Research Award Scholarship
UNE PIRA Call for Expressions of Interest
The University is seeking Expressions of Interest from candidates interested in undertaking a doctorate, supported by a UNE DVCR Postgraduate International Research Award (UNE PIRA). The Scholarship is available to high quality doctoral research candidates who wish to enrol at UNE to undertake a specialised PhD program based on the fundamentals of innovation, the Doctor of Philosophy. Innovation (PhD.I).
The Scholarship is available to applicants who are residents of the following countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam.
With unrivalled research capabilities, equipment, laboratory facilities and SMART Farms, UNE offers significant opportunities for collaborative research projects. Our extensive networks of research partners include key agencies both national and international to deliver research outcomes of global significance and impact.
UNE attract staff and postgraduate students from Australia and around the world to work on high profile projects and applications are particularly encouraged from those interested in applied research were UNE ranked ERA 5 - ‘Well Above World Standard’ in 2019, including:
- Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences,
- Environmental Sciences, Biological Sciences,
- Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences,
- Law and Legal Studies.
- Five UNE PIRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) PhD.I. at UNE.
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature from March 2020.
- The UNE PIPARA provides a stipend of $28,092 AUD per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance.
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of 4 years for a Doctoral degree, Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) PhD.I. The first year is to be undertaken at UNE, the following two years will be undertaken in the candidate’s home country and the final year at UNE in Australia.
- Following the year undertaken at UNE, successful applicants must be willing to fund annual travel to UNE for a minimum period of six weeks each year of their candidature.
- Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in a suitable industry context, which could include government or non – government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential and should include a current Curriculum Vitae with their expression of interest.
UNE PIRA EOI Dates
EOI can only be accepted during Submission Round Dates
1 October 2019
31 October 2019