UNE PhD.I Research Award Scholarship
Please note - Candidates must complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the PhD.I prior to completing a candidature or scholarship application.
The UNE PhD. Innovation Research Award (UNE PIRA) Scholarship is offered to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) (PhD.I) research degree at UNE.
UNE PIRA Scholarships currently focuses on enhancing international collaboration in two streams.
The first, in agricultural, agribusiness and STEM education topics through international innovation research projects in the following areas:
- Food security
- Agriculture technology
- Agriculture production
- Agriculture production technology
- Agricultural Law
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Biodiversity and agricultural resilience
- Women gender and economic agency
- STEM education
The second, through innovation research projects embedded within IndoBeef’s project topic areas of:
- Market Chains
- Animal Production
- Adoption and Scaling Out
For students undertaking a PhD.I, the scholarship will be for a period of four years full-time. The student will be required to undertake the first and last year of study on campus at UNE. The second and third years will be undertaken in the home country, conducting research within the candidates’ industry/professional context. Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in an appropriate industry/professional context, which could include support from government or non –government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry/professional partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- Four UNE PIRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a PhD.I at UNE.
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature in July 2019.
- The UNE PIRA provides a stipend of AU$27,596 per annum, course tuition fees and single Overseas Health Cover.
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of 4 years. The first and last year are to be undertaken at UNE, with the second and third year being completed in the candidate’s home country.
- Following the first year undertaken at UNE, successful applicants must be willing to fund annual travel to UNE for the second and third year for a minimum period of six weeks of their candidature.
- Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in a suitable industry context, which could include government or non–government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This industry partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
This scholarship opportunity is available to students applying for the PhD (Innovation) only. Students applying for a PhD are not eligible for this scholarship.
UNE PIRA Scholarship Round Dates:
13 August 2018
1 March 2019
How to Apply
After you receive your EOI confirmation number, you can make an application for the PIRA Scholarship. Please refer to the following documents to make the application:
- International Students Scholarship Application Guidelines
- International Students Scholarship Application Form
- PIRA Terms and Conditions
Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.