Letter of Support Guidelines for PhD.I Expression of Interest
Your EOI for PhD.I Candidature and Scholarship should provide sufficient information for judgment to be made about your Innovation and your capacity to complete the PhD.I in a relevant contextual background.
This EOI will need to include a Letter of Support providing evidence within your Innovation project description of support from a suitable Industry/Profession context. This could include, government or non- government agencies, aid organisations or industry. This Industry/Profession partner must be willing to provide resources and material support for the research candidate and their project.
Guidelines for the Letter of Support:
The Letter of Support should be written by the Industry/Profession contact person who has authority to support your Innovation project within the described agency/organisation/industry context.
It should be written on official Industry/Profession letter head.
It should be written by someone who has read and discussed with you the information you are providing in your PhD.I Expression of Interest (EOI) document.
The Letter of Support should include:
- The Industry/Profession support person’s title
- Their Full Name
- Their Position
- The agency/organisation/industry (s) they represent (this could be more than one)
- Their industry/professional relationship to you
- Your Title
- Your Full Name
- Your Position
- The title of your Innovation project
- A brief description of your Innovation project
- For International applicants the Innovation project Collaboration Stream (either “International” or “IndoBeef”) that you are applying for.
- The specific Topic Area that you are applying for (see the relevant EOI form for International or Domestic applicants)
- The proposed Innovation project location (s)
- For International applicants – a statement of agreement to support your Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) PhD.I candidature over a 4 - year period
- For Domestic applicants - a statement of agreement to support your Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) PhD.I candidature over a 3- year period
- A statement of the perceived need for this Innovation project to the particular Industry/Profession context ie. why this agency/organisation/industry sees value in providing this Letter of Support.
- A statement of the agency/organisation/industry’s willingness to provide resources and material support for the research candidate and their project.
- An authorised signature