Grant Forms and Resources
The following forms for research grants are important for administrative, auditing and legal purposes and are also designed to minimise risk to the University and UNE researchers. Also find out about submitting a research grant application for further information.
Project Approval Form
All research grant applications — whether UNE is the administering organisation submitting the application, or if UNE is just a collaborating institution on the application being submitted elsewhere — must be emailed to the Research Services Grants team. Each application should be accompanied by a completed Project Approval Form.
Request for Legal Approval (RLA) Form
The Request for Legal Approval (RLA) form, formerly called the 'Authority to Sign Agreement form (ATSA)', is for research grant agreements and research consultancy agreements. This form is an instruction to the Legal Office that the agreement has School approval, and is therefore ready to be signed by UNE. Please download the latest version of the form via the Legal Office website.
The following links will be useful to UNE researchers applying for and managing their successful grants:
- Australian Government Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) specifications with regard to grant funding categories
- used to determine annual allocations to universities for the research block grants
- 'Self-Assessment' of Category 1 funding (nationally competitive and highly prestigious funding). The Australian Government has implemented a self-assessment system for universities to determine which of their R&D income can be classified as Category 1 – Australian Competitive Grant Income for the 2019 Higher Education Research Data Collection. A 'self-assesment pack' is available on the Government website but if unsure of a grant funding category, contact Research Services Grants team.
- The Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR) was a centralised register that listed schemes that provided competitive research grants to universities. The ACGR is no longer updated.The 2018 ACGR is the last centralised register published by the department. This register will remain publicly available to be used as a reference tool by university staff for the first year of self-assessment.
- Field of Research (FoR) Codes and Socio-Economic Objective (SEO) Codes
- Grants with PhD Scholarships - advice
- Digital Research Support - including Data Management
- Successful ARC Grants Library. [UNDER REVIEW - TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE] UNE researchers may apply for access to copies of successful Australian Research Council applications. After your request is processed (please allow 24 hours), you will be able to login to the following secure site via your current UNE username and password: https://equella.une.edu.au/logon.do
- Epigeum’s Enhancing Research Impact Course is a valuable resource now available to all UNE researchers through the UNE Moodle site. You use your normal UNE login, but first, you need to be added to the course site by sending an email to email@example.com. Please allow 24 hours for your access to be arranged.
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts (link to HR website - UNE staff login required)
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts (Excel file)
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts for ARC applications (Excel file)
- Charge-out Rates (Excel file)
- UNE Travel Procedures
- UNE Vehicle Hire Rates
- UNE staff travel information (UNE staff login required)
- Meal and Accommodation Rates — Australian Taxation Office
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Research Sustainability Fee Guideline (20% fee levied on Category 2 & 3 grant funding)
- International Daily Subsistence Rates, including accommodation
- Post-Award Financial Management of Research Grants and Projects (including Budget and Acquittal Template)