The process of assessing suitable tutors for applications considers the following:
- The tutor’s field of education and the student’s educational needs;
- Location of tutor and student – face to face tutoring is preferred;
- Previous tutoring arrangements (for both tutors and students) where there have been good results;
- Availability of the tutor;
- Experience of the tutor – new or inexperienced tutors assignment load is reduced whilst they find their feet;
- Ability of a tutor to connect, and therefore make progress, with a particular student
Ideally Oorala will aim to limit the number of tutors a student is paired with, for consistency in approach to the delivery of support.