On-Campus Experience Days
The on-campus experience days run by the Oorala Aboriginal Centre provide students in Years 8-12 with an opportunity to find out what studying at university is all about by participating in a series of workshops and lectures.
Aims of the Days
- To complement existing school careers advice
- Promote higher education and showcase teaching and learning activities at UNE
- Explain career pathways to students in areas of interest to them
- Extend students' expectation of their ability to complete a university course
2019 Experience Day dates
Students are invited to attend more than one Experience Day if they wish.
|Date||Area of Interest|
|TBC||Experience Day||Business & Law/ UNE Open Day|
|TBC||Experience Day||Sports Science & Education|
|TBC||Experience Day||Health & Medicine|
What do we do?
There are a number of Experience Days planned for 2018. Each day will cover two UNE Schools. For example: Science and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Business and Law and Health and Education, and Sports Science.
Students will have to be able to travel to UNE and return home on the day. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea is provided.
The Days include:
- Visits to undergraduate lectures
- Hands-on tutorials, presentations, demonstrations and practical sessions
- Opportunities to speak to current university students about what university life is like, and
- Targeted workshops providing participants with information on a nominated range of degree options and pathways.
What does it cost?
There is NO cost to attend; all costs are covered by UNE.
Oorala will stay in touch with participating students and offer them similar opportunities in the future.
For further information contact Lynda Lynch
Schools & Community Engagement Program Co-ordinator,
0413 084 567 or 02 6773 4318,
or email email@example.com