HSC University Pathways
The HSC University Pathways is designed for students who have completed an ATAR acceptable subject before starting Year 12. UNE offers a range of first year units, which can be completed in the first trimester of the year, allowing students to focus on their HSC in the latter half of the year.
Your student or child may be one of the select few who are able to undertake a university unit that supplements their HSC education, and provides advanced standing into a university course of their choice. This unique program at UNE is offered as a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), meaning that if you are an eligible domestic student you may defer your tuition fees through HECS-HELP.
More information on the program can be found on the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) website.
To be eligible students need to:
- Have completed at least one Board of Studies accredited subject (that is acceptable for an ATAR) at HSC Stage 6 before the start of year 12 and
- Have been recommended by their School Principal.
Below is a list of units students may be eligible for, based on their HSC studies. These units are available in a wide range of university degrees:
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Course|
|AFM101||Introduction to Financial Accounting**||Bachelor of Business|
|BIOL110||Biology 1*||Bachelor of Science|
|CHEM110||Chemistry 1*||Bachelor of Science|
|CRIM100||Understanding Crime||Bachelor of Criminology|
|ECON101||Introductory Microeconomics||Bachelor of Business|
|GEPL111||Earth in Crisis?||Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning|
|LAW100||Foundations of Law||Bachelor of Laws (4 years)|
|LING101||Introduction to Linguistics||Bachelor of Arts|
|MTHS110||Quantitative Skills with Applications**||Bachelor of Science|
|MUSI101||Aural Skills 1||Bachelor of Arts|
|PHIL151||Introduction to Philosophy A: Ethics, the Self and the Possibilities of Freedom||Bachelor of Arts|
|PHYS131||Applied Physics 1*||Bachelor of Science|
|PSYC101||Introductory Psychology 1||Bachelor of Psychological Science|
|SOCY100||Introduction to Sociology||Bachelor of Arts|
*Mandatory on-campus intensive school
**Optional on-campus intensive school
How to Apply
- Download the HSC Pathways Entry Form (PDF, 183.37 KB)
- Write your Board of Studies number and name at the top of each page. Fill in Part A of the form.
- Gather together any additional documentation required for your application.
- Deliver your form to your Principal (or whoever is responsible for them at your school, such as your Careers Advisor).
- Relax while your school completes Part B of the form and submits it to UNE on your behalf.
- You will get an email advising you that your HSC Pathways application has been received by UNE.
- Accept your offer of admission directly through UNE.
Please Note: The cut off for applications is 5pm on Friday 11 December 2020.