Future of Work Event Tamworth
Global Google executive to speak on ‘The Future of Work’
A FREE event for high school students
The world of work is moving rapidly and our students will experience constant change and new opportunities throughout their careers. Digitalization, automation, and globalisation have already been transforming the workplace for many years.
In the future, students will need to think differently in order to position themselves to adapt to new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, robotics and genomics, which are expected to fundamentally change the workplace and significantly impact industries such medicine, health, business, agriculture and education for decades to come.
In an Australian first, Mr Jaime Casap, Google’s Global Chief Education Evangelist, will talk to students about how to think about their careers in this different and exciting world of work.
‘The Future of Work’ and Tertiary Education Expo
Presented by the University of New England and Tamworth Regional Council.
|What:||Presentation by Google’s Jaime Casap (11 am) plus Tertiary Education Expo (10 am – 2 pm)|
|When:||10 am – 2 pm, Thursday 13th September 2018|
|Where:||Tamworth Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre|
|Who:||Students (Years 8 to 12), teachers and parents|
|Cost:||FREE (lunch included)|
|How:||Generous travel and accommodation subsidies on offer|
Tertiary Education Expo
Experts from UNE disciplines will be on hand to answer all your students’ questions about our comprehensive range of courses including:
- Social Sciences
Students will also benefit from speaking with representatives from:
- UNE Residential Colleges (On-campus accommodation)
- UNELife including SportUNE
- University Admissions Centre
Travel and accommodation subsidies for schools
- Travel subsidies up to $30/student are available to assist schools to bring students to the Future of Work event.
- Free overnight accommodation at UNE, including dinner and breakfast, may be available by special arrangement for those schools travelling long distances.
- Morning tea - muffin and drink for students
- Sausage sizzle lunch for you and your students (with vegetarian options available)
Prizes worth $10,000
- The first 20 career advisors that register and bring 20 students or more will receive a free Google Chromebook laptop for their school.
- Other giveaways include Google Home devices, Google Chromecasts and Google Play gift cards.
FREE interactive activities
- Exhibitions including the UNE Discovery Science Bus
- Demonstrations of drone technology and robotics.
- Fun photo booth
Professional development credit
- Use this event to claim teacher identified professional development credit with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESSA) and the Careers Advisors Association of NSW & ACT (CAA).
Register your interest
About Mr Jaime Casap, Google Chief Global Education Evangelist
Jaime Casap is one of the most sought after speakers on education innovation. He has also become an important advocate for low income and minority students. Mr. Casap was raised by a single mother on welfare in Hell’s Kitchen New York City and is now a Google Executive.
This journey has given him a unique understanding and appreciation of the power education holds in changing the destiny of a family in just one generation. Mr. Casap has been an invited speaker on these topics at the White House, Washington D.C.
At the Future of Work event, Jaime will discuss the topic “The future of work and how education needs to respond to it”.