TRAINING LEVEL DESCRIPTOR
Level 9 duties typically require a skill level which assumes and requires knowledge or training equivalent to:
- postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- extensive management experience and management expertise/substantial technical expertise; or
- an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/ training.
TASK LEVEL DESCRIPTOR
Tasks at this level require employees to conceptualise, develop and review major professional, specialist, management or administrative policies/projects at the senior management level. Significant high level creative, planning, theoretical knowledge and management functions. Responsibility for significant resources.
JUDGEMENT, INDEPENDENCE AND PROBLEM SOLVING
At this level it is expected that employees will have the ability to:
- commit the University to significant budget expenditure or to a public policy stance,
- be responsible for significant program/project development and implementation and complex problem solving involving and impacting upon key interests across the whole University,
- be involved in the initial definition of role objectives, program/project development or implementation responsibilities,
- achieve broad objectives whilst operating within complex organisational structures,
- provide strategic support and substantial technical expertise/advice (e.g. to schools or faculties) at the senior management level, requiring integration of a range of internal and external policies and demands or special technologies.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Broad to open direction or broad direction with substantial management responsibilities.
ORGANISATIONAL KNOWLEDGE, RELATIONSHIPS AND IMPACT
Perform tasks which may involve:
- being responsible for proposing and implementing programs/projects involving major change which may impact on other areas of the institution's operations,
- high level liaison with internal and/or external client areas, including framing the relevant internal consultation and negotiation strategies,
- conceptualising, developing and reviewing major policies, objectives and strategies involving high level liaison with internal and/or external client areas.