57. Termination of Employment
- Professional staff collective agreement
- The University may, without reference to any other clause within this Agreement, with appropriate notice, terminate the employment of an employee within the first six (6) months of employment on the basis that the employee is unable to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position in which they were employed.
- Except as otherwise provided for elsewhere in this Agreement, the employee must be given the following minimum period of notice or payment in lieu as follows:
- In addition to this period of notice, employees who are over 45 years of age at the time of giving of notice and who have at least two (2) years continuous service with the University will receive an additional one (1) week of notice.
- The period of notice, or payment in lieu thereof, in this clause will not apply where employment is terminated as a consequence of serious misconduct such that it would be unreasonable to require the University to continue employment during a period of notice.
- The University may terminate the employment of casual and casual student employees on the giving of one (1) hours notice.
Notice upon Termination
|Period of continuous service||Period of notice|
|Up to the completion of 3 years||2 weeks|
|More than 3 years and up to the completion of 5 years||3 weeks|
|More than 5 years||4 weeks|