Professional Staff Collective Agreement 2014 - 2017
50. Professional Development Fund
- Professional staff collective agreement
- The University is committed to the on-going development of professional employees, and will support professional development activities that will enhance an employee’s career development within the University. A separate fund specifically for use by professional employees will be made available centrally to support employees attending professional development activities.
- A minimum amount of funding of $200,000 will be available each calendar year during the life of this agreement. Funding will be facilitated through the Organisational and Cultural Development Unit of Human Resource Services and will provide support for professional development activities that have been identified through the annual performance planning and review process.
- The purpose of this fund is not to replace normal school or directorate funded professional development activities, but rather to provide access to enhanced development activities identified as integral to a staff member’s professional development.
- Supervisors will ensure that professional development forms an integral part of each employee’s annual performance planning and review process. Funds will be allocated on the basis of agreed training and development needs and in accordance with the University guidelines up to a maximum of $5,000 per employee per annum. Agreement to fund a development activity in any one year should not be construed as agreement to continue such funding in subsequent years.