Professional Staff Collective Agreement 2014 - 2017
- Professional staff collective agreement
- Secondment at the same or higher substantive level may be offered by the University or may be requested by an employee and agreed to by the University.
- Prior to initiating a secondment, consideration shall be given to the suitability of staff:
- currently being considered for redeployment into positions; and
- who have applied to the University secondment register (for secondments where the duration is six (6) months or less).
- A secondment not filled through the process above must be advertised through an expression of interest.
- A secondment must not exceed twelve (12) months, except where a strong business case supports a secondment for a period exceeding twelve (12) months, and has Vice-Chancellor, or nominee, approval.
- Staff on secondment will return to their substantive position at the end of the agreed secondment period.
- The University will support secondment opportunities for continuing staff where they meet the objectives of secondment unless the substantive manager can demonstrate a strong business case for not supporting the secondment.
- The University secondment policy and procedures will apply for all secondments.