Professional Staff Collective Agreement 2014 - 2017
- Professional staff collective agreement
- Following the finalisation of the change process, and after placing any “displaced” employees within the new structure, the University will invite, in writing, any other employees to elect, within ten (10) working days, whether he or she wishes to be considered for redeployment within the University or to be retrenched.
- Where an employee elects to be considered for redeployment, the University will take all reasonable steps, during a period of six (6) months commencing from the date when the notice of election is received, to identify a position or positions within the University to which the displaced employee may be redeployed. At the end of the six (6) month period, where the employee has been unable to be redeployed into a suitable position, the University will proceed to retrench the employee in accordance with clauses 47.3 to 47.5.
- A redeployment review period of up to three months may apply before the appointment is confirmed. The assessment for suitability of redeployment into a particular position will be based on the employee’s skills, abilities and qualifications, and capacity to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position. A redeployment review will be for the purpose of ensuring that the employee can reasonably fulfill the job requirements.
- During the periods referred to in sub clauses 46.1 and 46.2 the “displaced” employee will be provided with work in either their present workplace or some other workplace and may undertake such training identified by the supervisor as likely to assist in redeployment.
- A displaced employee who has elected to be considered for redeployment will not refuse a reasonable offer of redeployment or training. Any approved costs associated with retraining will be paid for by the University.
- A displaced employee may be redeployed to a position classified up to two levels lower than that of the position previously occupied in which case the employee’s existing salary will be frozen until the pay rate for the top step of the lower classified position overtakes the rate.
- A displaced employee who elects to be considered for redeployment but for whom a continuing position has not been identified within the period referred to in sub clause 46.2 will be retrenched.