Professional Staff Collective Agreement 2014 - 2017
42. Domestic Violence Leave
- Professional staff collective agreement
- The University recognises that employees may sometimes experience situations of violence or abuse in their personal life that may affect their attendance or performance at work.
- The Director of Human Resource Services will approve paid leave on a case by case basis where supporting evidence is provided.
- The University will offer employees experiencing domestic violence a broad range of support. This includes where appropriate:
- flexible working arrangements, including changes to working times consistent with the needs of the work unit and/or
- use of the Employee Assistance Program (access to a registered psychologist) and/or
- changing work location (where practicable), telephone number or email address.
- Supporting evidence of treatment for domestic violence may be required by the University and could take the form of a document issued by the police service, a court, a medical practitioner, a domestic violence support service or lawyer, or a counseling professional.
- The Joint Consultative Committee will develop guidelines to supplement this clause and which details the appropriate action to be taken in the event that an employee reports domestic violence.