Professional Staff Collective Agreement 2014 - 2017
41. Jury and Witness Leave
- Professional staff collective agreement
- An employee required to attend jury service will have the option to choose to:
- be deemed to be “on duty” on normal pay. The employee will pay to the University any fee paid for jury service other than for expenses; or
- take annual leave or long service leave.
- An employee called as a witness by summons or subpoena or called as a witness in legal proceedings on a matter relating to University business, will be deemed to be “on duty” on normal pay. The employee will pay to the University any fee paid for their role as a witness other than for expenses.
- An employee subpoenaed, summonsed or called as a witness in legal proceedings not relating to University business will be required to cover any absence as either leave without pay or annual leave.