School Contact Network
The role of the SA&I School Contact Person is broad and may include the following:
- Be a contact person in the school for students requiring study adjustments.
- Keep a copy of all Study Access Plans (SAPs) of students studying in the school and liaise with lecturers and students regarding school-based reasonable adjustments.
- Provide advice to students about relevant processes specific to the School.
- Provide advice to staff about reasonable adjustments and inclusive teaching practices specific to the School.
- Refer students to the SA&I, where appropriate.
- Liaise with students and the SA&I about any concerns raised in the School regarding the provision of support for students registered with SA&I.
What is NOT the role of the SA&I Contact
Staff members in the SA&I Contact Network are not required to:
- Assess medical documentation and develop Study Access Plans (SAPs) for students.
- SAPs are only developed in SA&I. Students, who are not registered with the SA&I, may still request reasonable adjustments to be put in place from unit coordinators or other staff members; however it is at the discretion of each School to determine, how they manage these requests. For example, a School may ask for medical documentation to verify a student's request or may ask the student to register with SA&I.
- Manage final examination adjustments.
- To receive reasonable adjustments for final, invigilated examinations, students need to be registered with SA&I. SA&I then directly liaises with the Examinations Office to put these adjustments in place.
- Approve academic adjustments.
- The approval of academic adjustments, such as extensions of time for assignments and extra time for in-class tests, is at the discretion of unit coordinators or other designated staff members at the school. Students need to request these adjustments for each assessment directly from unit coordinators. The School Network contacts can assist with these requests.
- Arrange Alternative Assessments to replace final, invigilated examinations.
- A small number of students complete alternative assessments, if they are unable to attend an examination centre. These assessments are negotiated between SA&I and unit coordinators; however a SA&I Network Contact may act as a liaison person to oversee or manage alternative assessments.
School Contact Network List
Faculty of Arts, Humanities, Social Science
Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law
Medicine and Pharmacy
School of Health
School of Psychology