Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
The IAP is designed for those who intend to study at an Australian university for the first time, or those who wish to update their study and English language skills prior to commencing undergraduate or postgraduate study. This course is also ideal for students who meet university entry requirements or who have accepted a place at university in Australia, and require study assistance to meet their academic goals.
The IAP course is conducted over four weeks and aims to develop skills and strategies in:
- academic reading and writing skills
- academic presentation and participation skills
- library and research skills
- basic computer skills for study purposes
- orientation to Australian University teaching and learning practices.
Additional units are available in note-taking skills and Australian culture and society. Ongoing assessment is carried out during the course, with final assessments occurring at the end of the course. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of the course.
- Candidates must provide proof of meeting the standard entry requirements for Australian University.
Dates and Fees
View our course Dates and Fees for further information on associated costs and intake periods.