About Timetabling

The Timetabling unit is part of the Directorate of Student Administration and Services. To know if we are the right people to talk to we have provided below a list of the areas we are responsible for and those which we are not along with who you should contact for such information. If you are still unsure if we can help you, you are welcome to send a query to us via AskUNE.

What we do

  • Collect requirements and schedule classes for on-campus units at UNE.
  • Collect requirements and schedule classes for intensive schools for online units at UNE.
  • Publish class timetables on the web for UNE students and staff.
  • Provide help on reading and understanding timetables on the UNE web.
  • Resolve clashes on timetables for all core unit patterns in UNE degrees.
  • Process ad hoc room booking requests made for University related activities such as non-teaching activities, guest lectures, seminars and general meetings for both University staff and students. Booking requests can be made by University staff and students via Web Room Bookings

What we don't do

  • Make room bookings for non-University related activities such as concerts, performances, licensed events, conferences. Those are handled through FMS Events via the Community and Visitor Room Booking Request form.
  • Manage events that require specialist services e.g. PoPE Applications, sale/service of alcohol. These are managed through FMS Events
  • Provide access or security to rooms. Contact Safety and Security which is part of FMS.
  • Purchase, install, maintain or repair audio visual and IT equipment in rooms. Contact Information Technology Audio Visual services on X2489.
  • Arrange equipment configuration within teaching spaces, such as table and seating layout or other room attribute requirements. Contact Facilities Management Services.
  • Manage utilities such as heating, lighting and water supply in rooms. Contact Facilities Management Services.
  • Create or generate maps of the UNE buildings and rooms or provide mapping services. Contact Facilities Management Services.
  • Arrange accommodation for students attending intensive schools at UNE. Contact UNE Residential Services.
  • Arrange or hire transport for students attending intensive schools at UNE on excursions. Contact Vehicle and Mechanical Services which is part of the Financial Services directorate.
  • Assist with enrolments and information about course progression or unit pre-requisites. Contact the Student Central.
  • Provide information on supply or despatch of teaching materials. Contact the Teaching and Learning Centre.
  • Collect, schedule and publish examination timetables. Contact Examinations.
  • Manage examination centres and changes to exam locations. Contact Examinations.