Regional Universities Network

The Regional Universities Network (RUN) comprises six partner universities that share a commitment to transforming their regions through offering cross-institutional study: education and research that contribute to regional economic, social, cultural and environmental development.

The foundation members are:

  • Central Queensland University (CQU)
  • Federation University Australia (FedU)
  • Southern Cross University (SCU)
  • University of New England (UNE)
  • University of Southern Queensland (USQ), and
  • University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).

Studying across RUN universities

If you are a student at any of the RUN member universities, the Network makes it easy for you to expand your study options by completing approved units offered at another RUN university. These completed units are used as advanced standing, or credit towards your degree.

Can I study UNE units if I am from another university?

Yes, UNE welcomes applications from students of other universities who want to study on a cross-institutional basis.

Some conditions of enrolment

  • You must have approval to study the specified UNE units from your home university.
  • If you are a student from a RUN university and intending to study units that have been approved. under this agreement, ensure you tick YES to the question: Is this request through the RUN
  • You will incur the appropriate UNE fees/HECS-HELP liabilities.
  • The usual enrolment deadlines will apply, and late enrolment requests may be declined.

UNE operates within trimesters whereas some universities operate on semesters. Please remember to check the teaching calendar for the university teaching the unit/subject.  This information is usually found within each university’s listed principal dates. See UNE's principal dates.

Which universities are part of the RUN Agreement?

The foundation member universities are:

  • CQUniversity
  • Southern Cross University
  • Federation University Australia
  • University of New England
  • University of Southern Queensland
  • University of the Sunshine Coast.
Which units can I study under the RUN Agreement?

The broad range of subjects include:

  • Languages
  • Theatre
  • Visual arts and design
  • Creative writing
  • Communications and media
  • Film and television
  • Music.

Please see the comprehensive list of available units for UNE students to study at other RUN universities, or UNE units for students from other unis to choose from.

Can I study units outside the RUN list of units?

Yes, if you have approval from your university.

Your application will be considered under the University’s standard admission rules and processes.

As with all cross-institutional study, if you select units that are not approved by your home university these units may not be considered towards the award for which you are enrolled.

Once units are completed, which university is assigned in my transcript?

Once you have completed your RUN approved cross-institutional study, the teaching university will send a copy of your results to your university to be added to your academic record.