Oorala Youth Program for boys Years 8–10
Date: Fri 20th Sep 2019 9:00am - 4:00pm
Recurs: Every day, until 20th Sep 2019
The Oorala Aboriginal Centre recognises that high school students are our future leaders. We are focused on capturing students' attention to what university courses might be suitable, and, importantly the possibilities, before high school finishes and University begins.
The Oorala Youth Leadership Camp is a three-day experience for around 40 high school senior boys (years 8 and 10) students that aims to provide:
- Personal development opportunities and a range of life skills
- Cultural awareness and pride
- Health, wellbeing and resilience
- A sharing experience from positive influences of a role model
- An introduction to university life and experiences.
The camp values are leadership, learning, culture and wellbeing.