Kimika Urala Girls' Youth Leadership Camp
Supporting our young people to reach their full potential
Date: Wed 30th Oct 2019 9:00am - 5:00pm
Recurs: Every day, until 1st Nov 2019
Location: Oorala Aboriginal Centre & UNE Campus Contact: Lynda Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org 02 6773 4318
Three-day program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls
30 October – 1 November 2019
The values of communication, leadership, mindfulness and respect are reinforced throughout this program.
The Oorala Aboriginal Centre Youth Leadership Program is an introduction to university life, personal development and a range of life skills, as well as health, wellbeing and Aboriginal cultural awareness and pride.
The program includes:
- short lectures and practical sessions run by academic staff at UNE
- gym and field training sessions and exposure to sports science
- cultural development sessions to encourage the students to take pride in their Aboriginality
- developing a set of values to make good decisions
- panels with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander current UNE students and role models
- UNE college experience.
After registration and an opportunity to get to know each other, students have a role in setting their own rules.
These camps are designed to provide an opportunity for students to develop important values and skills such as leadership, learning, culture and wellbeing.
The Kimika Urala Junior Girls' Camps run will over three days. Students and supervisors are welcomed by the camp co-ordinators, mentors and Oorala staff.