Mary White Accommodation
Mary White is the only UNE college located on the academic campus, which means you are minutes away from lectures, facilities, cafes and Dixson library. We are right behind historic Booloominbah homestead, at the heart of the UNE campus.
Mary White College facilities include:
- Common room — large and comfy with open fireplace, piano, pool table, large screen TV and DVD and board room table
- Communal kitchen — (completed late 2014) with four ovens, five cooktops, microwave oven, fridge and freezer and lots of storage space
- Kitchenette facilities with kettle, toaster, refrigerator, microwave (located in each block)
- Common areas with lounge, TV, study rooms (located in each block)
- Laundry — Complimentary washing machines and dryers (just supply your own detergent!). Drying rooms and clothes lines
- Outdoor living areas including BBQ's and pergola area (new in 2016), small courtyards with tables and chairs
- Performance space — stage, grand piano and sound system in the dining hall for small performances
- Quiet study areas
- Central heating
- High speed internet — in rooms and throughout the college for registered UNE Students
- Computer lab available 24 hours — with 4 PC's, printer, photocopier and scanner
- Private car park — exclusive to Mary White residents
- Security — buildings with swipe card access required between 10pm and 6am
- Bicycle shed (secure).
All rooms have high speed internet connection, desk light, chair, wardrobe, bookshelves, notice board and mirror.
Options for placement in the all female area are available, however they are based on overall demand,
There are 3 accessible rooms available at Mary White, also subject to demand.
Mary White room types
- Standard: Single bed; shared bathroom
- Standard Plus: King single bed; TV outlet; shared bathroom; single-seat couch; disabled access.
- Private Single: Private furnished bedroom, King single bed(8) or single bed(3) and private ensuite.
- Private Double: Queen bed; private ensuite; TV outlet; disabled access.
- Suite: Queen bed; private ensuite; TV; refrigerator; couch; separate bedroom and study area.
Mary White is primarily a catered college: our meal package provides 5 dinners per week (Sunday to Thursday) in the Mary Bagnall Dining Hall. The meal package is $40.25 per week, included in your contract.
A fully self-catered option is also available in Block 7 for contracts of 42 weeks or longer. A designated block kitchen will be available for the exclusive use of self-catered residents.
Other meals including breakfast and lunch can be purchased from Walter's Cafe, situated next to the Austin College dining hall, or from other venues on campus.