UNE Safety Shuttle
ACADEMIC CAMPUS (LIBRARY) SHUTTLE
The library shuttle runs all year round with the exception of public holidays & the University shut down between Christmas & New Year. Safety, Security & Information pick up students from the Dixson Library, the Law Library and the Northern car park and transports them within the town boundary via the residential colleges.
Departure times are as follows:
Monday - Friday
- Departs Dixson Library at 7.00pm, 8.00pm, 9.00pm & 10.00pm.
- Departs Law Library at 7.05pm, 8.05pm, 9.05pm & 10.05pm.
- Departs Northern Carpark at 7:10pm, 8:10pm, 9:10pm and 10:10pm
After 10pm, the service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) until dawn.Saturday & Sunday
The service runs from the Academic Campus by request (phone 6773 2099) from dusk until dawn.
The Academic Campus (Library) Shuttle is a different service to the Bellevue Campus Shuttle.
BELLEVUE CAMPUS (COLLEGE) SHUTTLE (Trimesters 1 & 2 ONLY)
The College UNE Safety Shuttle is a service for students to travel to and from their college to reach essential services in the centre of Armidale. It operates Tuesday through to Saturday during Trimesters 1 & 2 and departs Austin College, UNE from 6pm.
You can see the location of the College Shuttle in real time on your phone (Android or iPhone) by downloading the UNE SAFE App
Operating hours are as follows:
Tues, Wed, Thurs : 6pm - 12am - last return trip from town 11.45pm
Fri, Sat: 6pm - 2am - last return trip from town 1.45am
The Shuttle will stop at the below approved stops only
- Mary White College (on request)
- Austin/EPC bus stop
- St Albert's College
- Girraween Service Station
- Belgrave Cinema
- Hardman Automotive
- Grant McCarroll Service Centre
- Optus Shop (Beardy Street Mall)
- Armidale Hospital
- Girraween Service Station
- Wright Village (Eastern Car Park)
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
The UNE Safety Shuttle (both services) are for current University of New England (UNE) students only.
Passengers must be able to produce their UNE student ID prior to boarding and may be asked to further produce it at any time.
- The UNE Safety Shuttle service is for current University of New England (UNE) students only.
- Passengers must be able to produce their UNE student ID prior to boarding and may be asked to further produce it at any time.
- All passengers must remain seated at all times
- The UNE Safety Shuttle service will stop at designated and approved locations only
- Passengers must refrain from using offensive language or behaviour
- Passengers may not consume food or beverage on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- No Smoking is permitted on the UNE Safety Shuttle
- All parts and belongings of a passenger must remain inside the UNE Safety Shuttle at all times.
- Aggressive and threatening behaviour will result in a passenger being immediately expelled from the UNE Safety Shuttle.
- Instructions from Life Safety, Security & Information staff are to be adhered to at all times
Any breach of code of conduct will be reported to UNE’s Student Grievance Unit, and/or college heads, and/or college resident fellows, as appropriate, and may result in suspension of utilising this service for the person in breach.