Terms and Conditions
|Value:||$10,000 per annum|
|Study Mode:||Full-time, on campus|
The applicant must be residing in one of the following UNE colleges:
- Earle Page
- Mary White
- Wright College
The applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are from a low to middle income family.
The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident as defined by the Commonwealth.
The applicant will be continuing into second or subsequent year of their full-time undergraduate degree.
Students undertaking Honours or Postgraduate studies are NOT eligible to apply.
The applicant must be from New South Wales.
Selection will be made by the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee in consultation with the Trustees. By applying for this scholarship you agree to have information that is required to ascertain your eligibility forwarded to the Trustees who are not employees of UNE. All information gathered will be treated with discretion.
The Committee will consider involvement and leadership in college, University and community activities
The applicant must provide a statement describing how they may benefit from the award and outlining their commitment to their course and involvement in community activities at University, College and within the local communities in which they live.
Preference may be given to applicants whose parents are employed as tradespersons, small farmers, shopkeepers, clerks and the like.
The applicant must attach evidence to support their family’s income status, which may be:
- a copy of a Centrelink statement; or
- their parent’s/parents’ Income Tax Return/s (if dependent) or their own Income Tax Return (if independent); or
- a letter from an authorised person (e.g. minister of religion or accountant) that comments on the applicant’s family’s financial circumstances.
An average GPA of at least 4.0 is required.
1 (one) -Centrelink Statement or other document to support financial circumstances
1 (one) - Statement describing how you would benefit from the award and outlining your commitment to your course and involvement in community activities
1(one) - Referee Reference Report from Head of College confirming involvement and achievements in community and college based activities.
31 December 2017.
How to Apply
Complete the Scholarship Application Form by 31 December 2017.
Terms and Conditions
- Undergraduate scholarship holders may not hold more than one UNE scholarship if the combined value is greater than six thousand dollars ($6,000) per annum.
- The recipient is required to reside in one of the specified Residential Colleges for the duration of this scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be administered by and awarded on the recommendation of the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee in consultation with the Trustees.
- There will be no commitment by the University to employ the recipient.
- If you make any changes to your enrolment after receiving your instalment, you must notify the Selection Committee. If you no longer satisfy the conditions of the award, you may be required to repay the instalment.
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress:
- The scholarship shall comprise of a cash payment of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) annually paid in two instalments, conditional upon the recipient maintaining an average GPA of at least 4.0 in each trimester. For continuing students, results for Trimester Two and Three will be combined for the purpose of calculating eligibility for continuation of the scholarship in Trimester One in the following year.
- It is expected that the recipient will be enrolled full-time, on- campus unless a unit is offered only as an off-campus unit and the unit is a requirement of the course. Where three or more units within a trimester are offered only as off-campus units (including full online units), and the units are a requirement of the course, the recipient may appeal to the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee for continuation of the scholarship. Each case will be assessed on its merits.
- It is expected that the recipient will complete the course in the minimum period of candidature.
- Recipients will be required to submit brief reports (by 14th July and 30th November each year) on their progress with their studies and involvement in sporting, cultural and community activities as well as participation in University life.
- Additional condition may apply to some scholarships and may vary by scholarship (e.g. specific conditions on eligibility, voluntary work requirements and payment schedules.) When offers are made for these scholarships, the recipient will be made aware of specific conditions that apply.
- Any request to vary the condition of the scholarship must be made in writing and will be determined at the discretion of the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee.
- The recipient will be required to attend the annual scholarships presentation evening or alternative event, if they are invited to do so, and may be asked to participate in activities to promote this award including public speaking, donor liaison, media interviews and photographs.
- UNE may change these Conditions on written notice to the recipient with the approval of the Selection Committee and in consultation with the Trustees.
Acceptance of Conditions
- In accepting this award, the recipient acknowledges that they are accepting the terms and conditions outlined above.
- In applying for this prize the applicant/recipient agrees to have information that is required to ascertain eligibility for this award forwarded to the Selection Committee and to the Trustees who are not employees of UNE.
- Failure to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions may lead to the termination of the award.