Teaching and Learning Committee Expressions of Interest
Calling for Expressions of Interest
The Chair of the Teaching and Learning Committee, Associate Professor Brenda Wolodko, is calling for expressions of interest from academic staff members who identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who wish to be considered for appointment to the Teaching and Learning Committee.
The Teaching and Learning Committee is a Committee of Academic Board and its role is to oversee the academic governance of teaching and learning at the University.
As per the Terms of Reference, the appointment will be made by the Chair of the Teaching and Learning Committee after a call for expressions of interest. This appointment is for a period of approximately two years, commencing immediately.
Interested staff members are advised to consider whether their employment arrangements allow time to participate in the Committee (typically 8 meetings per year) and may also like to discuss their potential appointment to these positions with their supervisor.
Following external legal requirements, the Standing Orders – Academic Board and Committees, and the Teaching and Learning Committee Terms of Reference, to be eligible for appointment as an academic staff member who identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, staff need to:
- identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- be a current academic staff member;
- be employed on a continuing basis or on a fixed-term basis with sufficient service remaining to fulfil their period of office (2 years); and
- be willing to make a declaration that they are a fit and proper person under the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) Act 2011 (Cth) and Educational Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 (Cth).
For further information on the position, please contact the Chair of Teaching and Learning Committee, Associate Professor Brenda Wolodko (+612 6773 2021 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Deputy Returning Officer Academic Board Elections, Ms Jenny Croaker (+612 6773 4359 or email@example.com).
How to apply
If you are interested in this position on the Teaching and Learning Committee, please forward your Expression of Interest to Jenny Croaker, Returning Officer Academic Board Elections via email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and include:
- the name of the Committee and the position in which you are interested; and
- a brief statement (approximately 200 words) outlining your interest and suitability for the position.