Research Committee Early Career Researcher
Calling for Expressions of Interest
This Chair of the Research Committee, Professor Jane Edwards, is calling for expressions of interest from early career researchers who wish to be considered for appointment to the Research Committee.
The role of the Research Committee is to oversee and report to the Academic Board on the Academic Governance of research and research training at the University. As per the revised Terms of Reference, the appointment will be made by the Research Committee after a call for expressions of interest. This appointment is for a period of approximately three years, commencing 18 July 2018.
To be eligible for appointment, staff should:
- be an early career researcher (i.e. awarded a PhD within the past five years or is within 5 years of commencing their first academic appointment);
- be committed to progressing research excellence at UNE;
- be a current academic staff member who is employed half-time or greater than half-time;
- be employed on a continuing basis or on a fixed-term basis with sufficient service remaining to fulfil their period of office (3 years);
- have been employed at UNE for 12 months or more;
- discuss their potential appointment to this position with their supervisor; and
- be willing to make a declaration that they are a fit and proper person under the TEQSA Act and ESOS Act.
For further information, please contact the Chair of the Research Committee, Professor Jane Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position on the Research Committee, please forward your Expression of Interest to Gabrielle Price, Returning Officer Academic Board Elections via email email@example.com by 12 noon AEST Friday, 29 June 2018 and include:
- the name of the Committee and the position in which you are interested; and
- a brief statement (approximately 200 words) outlining your interest in the position, including details of your commitment to progressing research excellence at UNE.