Research Committee Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander academic staff representative
Calling for Expressions of Interest
The Chair of the Research Committee, Professor Jane Edwards, is calling for expressions of interest from those academic staff members OR Higher Degree Research (HDR) students who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who wish to be considered for appointment to the Research Committee.
The role of the Research Committee is to oversee and report to the Academic Board on the Academic Governance of research and research training at the University. As per the revised Terms of Reference, the appointment will be made by the Research Committee after a call for expressions of interest. This appointment is for a period of approximately three years, commencing 18 July 2018.
To be eligible for appointment, an applicant should:
- identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- be a current academic staff member OR a current Higher Degree Research (HDR) student at UNE;
- be committed to progressing research excellence at UNE;
- consider if they are available for a significant part of the term of office (i.e. 3 years);
- consider whether their employment or study arrangements allow time to participate in the committee (typically 5 meetings per year);
- discuss their potential appointment with their supervisor; and
- be willing to make a declaration that they are a fit and proper person under the TEQSA Act and ESOS Act.
For further information, please contact the Chair of the Research Committee, Professor Jane Edwards email@example.com.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position on the Research Committee, please forward your Expression of Interest to Gabrielle Price, Returning Officer Academic Board Elections via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon AEST Friday, 29 June 2018 and include:
- the name of the Committee and the position in which you are interested; and
- a brief statement (approximately 200 words) outlining your interest in the position, including your commitment to progressing research excellence at UNE.