Terms & Conditions 2016 UNE Business School Innovation Challenge
1. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry into this competition is voluntary and is open to students in Year 7 to 12 across New South Wales who are interested in business. UNE employees, immediate family members of UNE employees and employees of any company associated with UNE are ineligible to enter.
3. If any participant is under the age of 18 years, they are required to obtain their parent’s or guardian’s permission to enter and agree to these terms and will be deemed to have obtained such permission by submitting an entry. It is the responsibility of the school to ensure such permission from parents or guardians is obtained.
4. This competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge.
5. To enter into this competition, entrants must visit the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge and fully complete the online entry form, providing their details (including name, age and email address) and their written submissions and then submit the entry.
6. Entries will open on 1 September 2016 at 09:00 AEST and close on 28 October 2016 at 23:59 AEST. Any entry received after this date will be deemed invalid.
7. By submitting an entry, if selected by the UNE Business School for the The Pitch! Competition, entrants agree to participate in the The Pitch! Competition to be held at UNE on 18 November 2016.
8. Local Participants in the The Pitch! Competition (where local refers to Armidale, Uralla, Guyra, Tamworth) are responsible for their own transport arrangements and all costs of attendance.
9. Participants outside of the above outlined area will be supported by UNE Business School to the total amount of $500. This will cover transportation & accommodation for the night before the The Pitch! Competition event, being 17 November 2016.
10. A limit of one entry per student applies.
11. The UNE Business School reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the UNE Business School, fails to comply with these terms and conditions or which contains objectionable content.
Selection for ThePitch Competition
12. The top 20 ideas entries will be selected by the UNE Business School’s panel of judges in accordance with judging criteria to participate in the The Pitch! Competition.
13. The top 20 ideas will be announced by notice on the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge on 31 October 2015. The UNE Business School will use reasonable efforts to notify successful entrants by email.
14. The decisions as to the The Pitch! Competition participants are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Pitch! Competition and Event
15. The The Pitch! Competition will be held at the UNE Business School on 18 November 2016. The format will be a workshop to develop the business pitch. At the end of the day a winner, 1st runner up and 2nd runner up will be selected by a panel of judges in accordance with judging criteria.
16. Attendees of the event who are not competing will be part of other activities throughout the day at UNE Business School and the UNE SMART Region Incubator site.
17. The prize winners will be announced by notice on the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge within 7 business days of 18 November 2016.
18. The decisions as to the prize winners are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. UNE Business School collects personal information such as name, age and email address about entrants to enable them to participate in the competition and for the purpose of carrying out the competition. Any requests to access, update or correct information should be made to the UNE Business School.
20. Participants agree to the publishing and disclosure of their entries, personal information (for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW)), including their name, age, school and image in any marketing or other publications associated with the competition or with UNE, in any format, including but not limited to video footage, audio recordings, photographic images, written material or testimonial statements.
21. UNE Business School or UNE will not be will not be liable for any personal injury, loss, damage or expenses (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property arising out of or otherwise connected with this competition or entry into this competition.
22. There will be three main prize winners for the The Pitch! Challenge:
a) Winner – $1,000.00
b) 1st Runner Up – $500.00
c) 2nd Runner Up- $250.00
Audience members for the The Pitch! Challenge will vote a “Crowd’s Choice” award, and the winner of this by a show of hands will win 1 Apple iPad.
23. All entrants including the 20 finalists will go into a random draw to win 1 of 3 Apple iPads. This will be drawn at the UNE Business School at 2pm on 18 November 2016. Winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will have their details published on the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge within 7 business days of the draw.
24. Prizes may be claimed in person at the UNE Business School, or will be delivered by the UNE Business School.
25. If there are any unclaimed or un-awarded prizes a prize draw will be conducted on 20 January 2017 at the UNE Business School. Winners will be notified by phone/email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will have their details published on the UNE Business School webpage, www.une.edu.au/innovationchallenge within 7 business days of the draw.
26. Total prize pool value is $4150.00.
27. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable.
28. If any of the prizes are unavailable the UNE Business School reserves the right in its absolute discretion to substitute prizes of equal value as it considers reasonable.
29. The UNE Business School’s decision as to prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. The competition is held by the University of New England (ABN 75 792 454 315) Armidale NSW 2351.
31. Authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPS/15/06808.