OSSE300/500 International Study Tours 2018
The UNE Business School is offering undergraduate and postgraduate students an exciting opportunity to participate in a UNE Business School International Study Tour in Trimester 3 2018. The Study Tour will be an “immersion experience” introducing you to the cultural and business environment of a nation which plays a key role in the global economy. The carefully tailored program will allow selected students to explore cultural diversity, business networking and development opportunities in the dynamic and rapidly developing economy of Australia’s biggest trading partner.
The Study Tour will ensure that you no longer see China as simply a bundle of dry statistics; rather you will begin to see it through a cross-cultural lens. It would be safe to say that you will find this Study Tour a formative experience - not just in your views about China, but in your perceptions of Australia and its ability to engage in a rapidly changing world.
The Study Tour will be undertaken as part of either OSSE300 or OSSE500 (Overseas Study Experience) and will involve academic assessment. To ensure that you are eligible to study the unit you must consult with your Course Coordinator. For information about OS-HELP funding to assist in the cost of the Study Tour, follow the links.
“Global Business Innovation” (4 November – 17 November 2018)
Over 14 days you will see the astonishing wealth that has gravitated to the centres of Tier One Chinese cities like Beijing, Zhengzhou, Xian, and Shanghai. The business of food will be at the forefront of the Study Tour with business visits exploring food production, retail and the finance sector. To balance the scale of production and displays of economic wealth, you will also be introduced to a working-class Shanghai suburb, one of the first suburban development projects of the Communist government in the 1950s. You will walk along the Great Wall, see Chairman Mao’s portrait in Tiananmen Square and travel a 1000 km on China’s 15,000 km High Speed Rail network.
Tour Cost: Approximately $5500 per person (twin share accommodation) which includes international airfares (ex-Sydney), travel in country, meals and all activities. See OS-HELP funding available (undergraduate students only).
In addition to the 15 competitive scholarship places for undergraduate students, other limited places are available.
Application opportunity now extended!
|Applications open||19 February 2018|
Now closing 15 May 2018
22 - 25 May 2018
|Students notified of outcome|
1 June 2018
|Deposits due, forms signed||9 July 2018|
|Final payment||10 September 2018|
Who can apply?
1. Undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any degree through the UNE Business School, School of Environmental and Rural Science, School of Arts or School of Humanities.
2. Students who are eligible to enroll in OSSE300 or ECON339 or OSSE500 in T1, 2018.
* Undergraduate students are able to apply for OS-Help Assistance for the cost of the tour. Conditions apply.
Please DO NOT apply for OS-HELP until a formal invitation email has been sent to you following the conclusion of the interview process.
Find further information on how to apply for an OS-HELP loan
Conditions of Application
- Students must depart Sydney and return to Sydney as members of the UNE group. In cases where students live interstate, we will endeavour to take suitable flights from interstate capitals into account, as long as these flights to not interrupt the group schedule. Additional costs may be involved and Helloworld Armidale and Geotours Australia will discuss options with relevant applicants.
- Students will be covered by UNE’s travel insurance for the duration of the study program ONLY, taken from departure from home city, to return home city. Any additional personal travel (which must be approved by your course coordinator) will require additional private travel insurance.
- Students must abide by UNE’s Statement of Standards and Expectations for Student Participants in Overseas Programs (the form you sign as part of the application is a record of your agreement to abide by these standards).
- Approved students must abide by the deadlines for payment of deposits , final payment and visa fees (if applicable), as stated on the booking form.
- Students must hold or obtain a valid passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date to Australia, and provide a colour photocopy to both Helloworld Armidale and Geotours Australia, no later than 8 weeks prior to program departure from Australia.
- Visas may be required for travel, and applicants will be advised of visa requirements. If required, visa application forms will be provided by Helloworld Armidale/Geotours Australia. Students will be required to meet the cost of visas, as well as any processing and courier fees.
- Students will also be responsible for seeking appropriate medical advice for travel to the countries concerned, as well as any subsequent vaccination or other medical costs.
- Students will be required to complete a travel application form prior to acceptance. It is expected that a minimum level of fitness be required for the study programs.
- Students must be enrolled in a unit of study OSSE300 (or ECON339) or OSSE500.
Send the completed form, with attached résumé, and names, addresses, and contact telephone numbers of two referees to Sophia Doran, Senior Administrative Assistant, UNE Business School.