The Graduate Research School, Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law at The University of New England has a range of scholarship opportunities available.
The University of New England in Armidale, Australia boasts an excellent national and international reputation being a leader in research, teaching and academic innovation that has industry impact. We aim to foster a constructive and engaged culture where creative ideas and innovation thrive.
The Graduate Research School coordinates all aspects of Higher Degree Research within the Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law.
What we offer
The Graduate Research School is offering a range of domestic and international scholarships. Scholarships include:
- Research Training Program scholarship (RTP) - A stipend of approximately $28,092 per annum for up to three years for PhD candidates or, up to two years for Masters by Research candidates;
- Destination Australia Program (DAP) - A stipend of $15,000 per annum. This can be added as a ‘top-up’ to the RTP scholarship or used as a separate scholarship; and
- International Student Accommodation Scholarship for accommodation costs for one year at one of UNE’s residential colleges.
- Targeted scholarships are also offered in specific project areas. Further information can be found on the HDR Scholarships page.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for one or more of the above scholarships.
Successful candidates will receive a grant to support their operational research costs of between $1,500 and $3,500 per annum depending on degree and discipline area. Typically, these funds are used for fieldwork costs, conference attendance, and to purchase research items.
These scholarship opportunities are open to high quality applicants, however consideration will be given to applicants applying for our key strategic areas outlined below.
Each school and centre has outlined areas of research that will be given preference, but we encourage applicants from all areas to apply. For more information on our strategic research areas, please follow the links.
Detailed supervisor information can be found in our Business and Law Postgraduate Research Prospectus and Science, Environment and Agriculture Postgraduate Research Prospectus.
How to Apply
Admission and Enrolment
1. Review details on how to apply for candidature and eligibility for the course you wish to enrol in:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Environmental Science (Research)
- Master of Laws (Research)
- Master of Philosophy
- Master of Rural Science
- Master of Science
2. To identify a potential supervisor, please submit an Expression of Interest form in the relevant School, found on our Future Students page. On the form please indicate what scholarships you wish to be considered for.
3. Upon receiving in-principle agreement for supervision, complete the Candidature/Scholarship application form and submit through AskUNE.
4. If you are applying for a scholarship, please indicate on the form what scholarship you are applying for. More than one scholarship can be applied for with the same application.
Full details on how to apply for our Scholarships can be found at:
- Research Training Program Stipend;
- Destination Australia Program Scholarship;
- International Student Accommodation Scholarship;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander HDR Scholarship.
For further information please contact Chanel Hopkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).