This is a 20 day block placement in a secondary school setting where the pre-service teacher will be assessed against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. The pre-service teacher will be responsible for a minimum of 12 hours* of teaching per week in their curriculum area(s) of study.
*Depending upon timetables of the school, the pre-service teacher may have to adjust this to accommodate.
Placements that can be accepted
- Mainstream secondary school classrooms in the pre-service teacher's curriculum area(s) of study.
Placements that cannot be accepted
- Placement in a primary school classroom
- Placement solely in an area not being studied by the pre-service teacher
- Work in a tutoring agency
- Work as an au pair
- Employment as a governess (or equivalent position)
- Employment as teacher's aide (or equivalent position such as a Learning Support Officer)
- Distance Education setting
- Special Education settings