Terms of reference
- Using the University's EEO plan and related documents develop a School equity plan concerning staff and student equity issues
- Advise the School on the implementation of the relevant University equity policies
- Consider equity issues brought to it from the School's staff and students
- Consult as appropriate with relevant stakeholders and interested parties on any matter before the Committee
- Consult with the Faculty staff equity representative to ensure matters concerning staff equity are brought to the U.N.E. Staff Equity Advisory Group (SEAG)
- Ensure any student equity issues are communicated to the Student Equity Network
- Develop initiatives in the area for all staff and students in the School
- Seek representation on School committees and working parties as appropriate
- Head of School
Membership of the School Equity Committee shall include the following:
- At least one staff member from each discipline team
- At lease one administrative/technical staff (nominated by the administrative/technical staff of the School)
- At least one postgraduate student representative
- At least one undergraduate student representative
- NDCO Officer
The Committee can co-opt where needed any additional members required to achieve or maintain appropriate gender representations. The committee may invite individuals to provide additional appropriate expertise as necessary.
Term of Office:
Members will hold office for a two-year period and may continue to serve unless another member of their team is nominated for the position.
Frequency of meetings:
The Committee will meet at least once a trimester.