Higher Degree Research

Consult the Arts Postgraduate Coordinator in relation to your chosen discipline and to find out about submission applications for admission and prior to exploring options regarding research projects which can be supported.

Doctor of Philosophy

The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program at UNE is an advanced research degree administered by the University.

Find out more about the PhD

Master of Philosophy

The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is an research degree undertaken primarily by research in the form of a thesis.

Find out more about the MPhil

Creative Practice Higher Degrees

Both the PhD and the MPhil can be undertaken as Creative Practice, where the creative component is complemented by a formal written analysis component (exegesis).

Find out more about Creative Practice degrees


Have a question? Our HDR Postgraduate FAQs page may have the answer!