Event Bookings

The University is managing events on all campus’s In line with advice from NSW Health. In support of this advice the University has taken some additional steps to ensure the continued wellbeing of our community.

All non-essential University events are cancelled or will be postponed to a later date. Also, all events booked via the online platform are being assessed individually for their alignment with regulations and overall risk rating. The University’s COVID-19 event booking terms can be found here. All terms must be adhered to before a booking can be confirmed. This position will be assessed regularly and amended accordingly.

We hope to be in a position in the future where we can continue to run University events without restrictions and thank you for your understanding during this time.

Facilities Management Services (FMS) manage events and venues where specialist services and event specific coordination is required. Please direct all questions relating to cost, availability or services to fms-events@une.edu.au or phone 02 6773 2467.

Lazenby HallOrganisations and community groups wishing to hire rooms or venues at UNE must first register with FMS and provide the University with a copy of your Public Liability Insurance. To hire rooms, you are required to provide UNE with a minimum of Ten Million Dollars Public Liability Insurance.

For further information can be obtained from the General Conditions of Hire (DOCX, 43.33 KB)

Depending on the venue, you will need to complete one of the following forms:

After you have obtained information relating to the hire of the venue & wish to proceed, you will need to book online.

Complete online booking

To assist you, the following criteria will help identify the type of events that are managed by FMS. They are:

  • Licensed Events
  • Events attended by members of the public
  • Concerts
  • Plays
  • Dance
  • Musicals
  • High profile/VIP Events.

Where services such as the following are to be used:

  • Customised seating or room layouts
  • Audio Visual
  • Theatrical sound
  • Lighting is required
  • Security or afterhours access is required
  • Special event parking or event signage (inc. flags/banners)
  • Additional cleaning or waste/recycling.

In line with the University’s requirements of on campus contractors, if you are inviting visitors to campus for University business, such as research or collaborative work and excluding events, then please ensure that all visitors complete an induction here and also obtain a visitors card from UNE Campus Safety Centre below the ‘Stro’ between 9:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday.

Please note that to obtain a University visitors card a visitor will need to:

  • Produce a COVIDSafe induction certificate;
  • Produce a form of picture ID;
  • Submit a new card form endorsed by the UNE staff member inviting the visitor to campus;
  • Have the required building access endorsed by the University staff member who manages security access to the building/s access is required too.

If you are attending campus as an event attendee then you are not required to obtain a visitors card, as your attendance will be recorded by the event organizer.