Online teaching support
TLC offers a variety of support services for teaching online. We are able to assist academic staff in all aspects of teaching and learning in an online context, including content delivery to external students and the use of online tools to enhance face-to-face teaching.
What we do:
- LMS training - we provide group and individual training to staff on the use of Blackboard, from basic training and orientation for new staff, to more advanced use and best teaching practice.
- Multimedia resources creation - we run a series of workshops related to using different software to create multimedia teaching resources, and can provide individual training and assistance in this area.
- Staff Induction - Teaching Flexibly.
- Innovative staff online teaching modules.
For more information on our training program, or to find our current workshop schedule, visit our workshop page.
- Current initiatives - TLC frequently initiates projects which feature components related to online teaching. For more information on our current Assessment in the Round project (incorporating online assessment strategies), click here.
- Individual consultations to provide tailored training and support for teaching needs.
- More extensive development projects - we work with individual lecturers or disciplines to develop more extensive online teaching strategies, resources and teaching modules.
For further information on our training program, or to arrange individual training or discuss development projects, please contact Melanie Fleming.
What we DON’T do:
- Technical support. For any technical issues related to the operation of your computer and its software, please contact the IT Helpdesk on x5000. For issues relating specifically to the functioning of Blackboard or Sakai, please contact the Uneonline support team on x3396.
- Ad hoc phone support. If you have recurring issues with software or other aspects of online teaching, please contact us to arrange a training session. For one-off or technical operational issues, or dedicated phone support, please contact the IT Helpdesk on x5000 or X3396.