Special Needs Support

Have you received extra time for exams and/or special provisions at school?

Do you have a broken arm or a long illness that is affecting your study?

Do you have a health condition or disability that impact on your study?

Are you a carer of a relative or friend and sometimes struggle to get all your uni work done?

To register with the Special Needs Office, you will need to complete a short registration form in AskUNE and provide supporting health professional documentation.

You will need your UNE login details to access the form:

UNE Special Needs Office Registration

This form is completely online, but if you are unable to access it, you can phone the office on 02 6773 2897 for assistance.

The UNE Special Needs Office provides advice to students with special needs regarding equity and access matters and offers practical assistance to students, who require special provisions. Some students require extra support, due to learning difficulties, a temporary or permanent disability or health condition, or due to caring responsibilities, to enable them participate in UNE studies on the same basis as other students.

For more information on the support we provide, you can go to the Disability Support site.

Do you feel you may have been treated unfairly at university?

To discuss your concerns and any other relevant equity issues, you can contact the Special Needs Office on 02 6773 2897 or disabilities@une.edu.au.

For more information, please see UNE's Student Equity site.