Why Study Agricultural and Resource Economics at UNE?
Agricultural and Resource Economics provides graduates with a solid core of knowledge. Our course in agricultural and resource economics is designed to help you apply analytical, business and management skills to a range of activities in the rural and natural resource sectors. Graduates have exciting and varied career prospects and our graduates can be found working in senior positions all over the world:
- Managing farm businesses, family properties and large corporate farming enterprises,
- Pursuing marketing & management strategies for agribusiness firms, banks, pastoral houses and primary producer organisations,
- Working with international agencies such United Nations, World Bank, Food & Agricultural Organisation and in other international research centres,
- Helping Commonwealth and State governments formulate and implement policies to improve conditions in the Australian agricultural system and
- Educating people in secondary schools, technical & agricultural colleges and Universities both in Australia and overseas.
You can customise your program to focus on aspects of agriculture, natural resources, business and law. Graduates are skilled to perform an effective professional role in a changing economic and social environment to deal with the complex issues facing the agricultural and resource sectors.
UNE has been consistently awarded five stars in the Good Universities Guide for student satisfaction. We have excellent student/staff ratios which means our academics have more time to spend with each student, offering you a more personal experience. The UNE Business School is ranked highly for student satisfaction. Our academic team include active researchers who bring their expertise to the classroom, maximising your learning.
Flexible learning environments
We offer flexible learning environments for on- and off-campus students including a fully supported, interactive online learning experience. Students who choose to study on-campus get to experience our beautiful and expansive campus. If you choose to study by distance education you can be assured of great IT support with your interactive online learning experience.
UNE's online technology allows all students close engagement with both academics and your peers.
Careers you may embark on and be competitive in with an Agricultural and Resource Economics or Agribusiness degree from UNE include farm management of both small and large corporate farming enterprises; agribusiness roles in banks, firms, pastoral houses or primary producer organisations; agribusiness roles in international agencies and the public sector.
Partnerships, Networks and Industry Links
Agricultural Business Research Institute (ABRI)
Institute for Rural Futures
Department of Primary Industries
Meat & Livestock Australia
World Agroforestry Centre