UNE offers access to modern communication technology and enhanced tertiary education opportunities in the New England and North West region through six 24/7 Regional Study Centres equipped with the latest information technology infrastructure.
What can I do at each Centre?
Each Centre has the following facilities available:
- Computers with Internet access and Microsoft programs
- Access to UNE's on-line units, library facilities, and UNE support services
- Video Conferencing unit
- Direct phone link to UNE
- Study skills workshops available in each Centre
- Study area available for reading/meeting with other students
- Academic support via video conferencing for some units
- Emergency call assistance alarm button in case of emergency
- Up-to-date course, study and accommodation guides are available at all Centres for both current and prospective students.
UNE Study Centres based on TAFE campuses are:
- Coonabarabran: John Street, Coonabarabran - TAFE campus facing Tyre Auto Service Station
- Gunnedah: Hunter Street, Gunnedah TAFE campus - up the ramp
- Inverell: Evans Street, Inverell TAFE campus - in library building
- Moree: Frome Street, Moree TAFE campus - up the ramp next to library
- Narrabri: Barwon Street, Narrabri TAFE campus - on verandah facing school
- Tenterfield: High Street, Tenterfield TAFE campus - at rear of building
These Study Centres offer flexible learning options to those who wish to study or extend their qualifications within their community, work or home environment.
Centres not based at a TAFE
UNE also has Study Centres for our students in the following towns:
- Glen Innes Severn Learning Centre - 24/7
- Grey Street Glen Innes (Glen Innes Severn Learning Centre)
- Guyra Shire Council (building at the rear of main office) - 24/7
- Guyra Council building cnr Bradley and Moredun Streets, at back of building
- UNE Tamworth Centre
- UNE Manning Valley Centre (Taree)
- Cooma Universities Centre
Hours of Operation
The Centres are available for access 24/7, with support from Campus staff 8am - 5pm week days via the internal phone located in each Centre.
Cooma Universities Centre
University of New England students have access to a high-tech facility providing university-level distance education opportunities to students in the Snowy Mountains Region.
Anyone enrolled in a university degree, undergraduate or postgraduate, can become a member of the Cooma Universities Centre. Users will be required to register with the Centre in order to receive access card, login and student study kit.
The Centre in located on Bombala Street in Cooma.
Student Administration and Services (Tamworth Study Centre)
Phone: 02 67663860
Acknowledgement of Commonwealth Capital Development Pool Funding
UNE's Regional Study Centres have been established using Capital Development Pool funds allocated to UNE by the Commonwealth Department of Education, Science and Training.