Postgraduate Research Scholarships
UNE offers a number of substantial scholarship opportunities to postgraduate students studying research-based degrees at UNE. There are different types of scholarships available; some are targeted to specific disciplines or research projects and others are more general with broader eligibility criteria. The different types of scholarships are outlined on the university's website.
UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)
The UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (UNE IPRA) is a new scholarship being offered to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in a research degree at UNE. Candidates who would normally apply for an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) are encouraged to apply.
- Up to 25 UNE IPRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a postgraduate research degree at UNE
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature between 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2017 (Awards will not normally be available for commencement later than 31 March 2017)
- The UNE IPRA provides a stipend of $26,000AUD per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Doctoral degree
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens of countries in the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development programmes in Australia and for Australians to undertake these activities overseas.