Admission Information for International Students
If you are an international student and you wish to study one of the following programs at UNE, you should apply online:
- Undergraduate (Bachelor) programs
- Postgraduate (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters) coursework programs
- English Language Centre programs
- Individual UNE units (Non-Award)
You should not use the online admission application if you are applying for a Higher Degree by Research program or if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or a Permanent Resident of Australia. If you are an International Student and you wish to apply for a Higher Degree by Research (Masters by Research or PhD), please complete the International HDR Student Application form (DOC, 361.5 KB).
If you apply to UNE through an approved agent, please note that all correspondence relating to your application will be sent to that agent.
Before submitting your online application, you should use the side menu bar to find out about UNE’s Academic and English Language Requirements, Advanced Standing/Credit Transfer and other important admission information relating to your course.
You should consider the following before submitting your application:
- Do I meet the English Language Requirements?
- Do I need to undertake any extra English Language Training? See UNE's English Language Centre website for a range of ELC programs.
- Complete the online application
- UNE will assess your completed application. If you meet academic requirements, a conditional or unconditional Offer Letter will be issued together with an International Offer Guide which contains essential information you need to know about studying at UNE, including how to accept your offer.
- If your admission application is not successful, UNE will advise you in writing.
- You may be required to undergo additional Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) assessment under the Streamlined Student Visa Framework (SSVF). Your Offer Letter will tell you if you are required to do this and once you have completed this additional assessment, UNE will advise you whether or not you can proceed with your admission. You must not pay any tuition fees prior to UNE advising of the outcome of your GTE assessment.
- When you are ready to accept your offer (you must have met all conditions in your offer letter first), you need to complete and sign the Offer Acceptance/COE Request Form and organize payment of fees as outlined in the International Offer Guide.
- UNE will process your acceptance and if you are coming to study on-campus, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your visa application. If you are an online student, you will be sent online enrolment information.
- If you are coming to study on campus, you should arrange your travel and accommodation as soon as you have your Student Visa granted. You should let UNE International know of your arrival date so that we can arrange to pick you up from the airport or train station and take you to your accommodation. You should plan to arrive in enough time to attend the compulsory International Student Orientation and Enrolment prior to commencing your studies.