Becoming an Agent
UNE International may strategically approach Agents directly and invite them to become an Agent for the University. Otherwise, prospective Agents must apply to become an authorised Agent of the University.
The Agent Application Form and supporting documentation may either be emailed to: email@example.com
Attention: Agent Application
Director, UNE International
The University of New England
Each application takes approximately four weeks to assess and the decision of the Director, UNE International is final.
Prospective Educational Advisors must only be invited to apply by the Director of UNE International and will be required to attend for interview.
In the event of the application being successful, an Agent Agreement shall be prepared in duplicate for execution and exchange. In the event of the application being rejected, notification will be forwarded and the decision recorded on file.
Upon execution of the agreement
- The Agent's details and a copy of the signed agreement will be entered into the Easy Agent Database
- The Agent's details will be recorded on UNE International's Our Agents Website (Search Authorised Agents by Country)
Certificate of Appointment
Once the agreement has been executed, the Agent will be sent a Certificate of Appointment as a duly appointed and authorised representative of the University for the purpose of recruiting international students.
All certificates will be signed by the Director, UNE International and show:
- The Agent's business name and country
- The period of appointment
- CRICOS Provider Code for the University
Information and Updates for Agents
All Agents will receive an electronic copy of UNE International's 3 times yearly 'Student Recruitment Newsletter'. The purpose of this newsletter is to keep Agents, scholarship bodies and others briefed on course changes, news at UNE, intending country visits by UNE International staff and University academics, changes to visa requirements, application processing reqirements, enrolment dates etc.
Regular contact will be maintained by UNE International staff with agents to ensure that they are kept up to date with all relevant information in relation to the provision of services.
All Agents are encouraged to contact the Admissions Officer, UNE International regarding the status of student applications.
As part of keeping Agents up to date, UNE International encourages and supports visits to UNE as much as possible. Such visits will include Armidale and surrounds, accommodation, campus and faculty tours, product knowledge briefings by faculty experts, briefings of UNE International procedures including Admissions, meetings with students, briefings on legislative and visa changes, services provided to international students etc.
Monitoring the Performance of Agents
Reviews of all Agents will be conducted by the Director, UNE International on an annual basis. Reviews will include:
- Agent Performance- quality of applications and conversion rates
- Conformity with contractual requirements
- Quality of counselling and other information provided to students
- An evaluation of activity undertaken by UNE with the Agent
The Director, UNE International will forward a brief report to the Agent with appropriate comments and actions.
As part of the monitoring of the Agent's activities and to assist them to effectively carry out the performance of their services, UNE International will endeavour to visit the majority of Agents to:
- Undertake product briefings, including course requirements for entry etc.
- Inspect the premises to ensure that an appropriate image is presented
- Meet with counsellors to assess their performance in advising students
- Review the display of UNE promotional materials
- Assess the Agent's knowledge of and conformance with the "National Code" and other legislative requirements relating to the provision of their services