Professor Victor Minichiello -
Current Research Projects
Professor Minichiello is currently working on the following research projects:
- A project which explores how older people make sense of the experience of ageism.
- A project which examines why some health professionals are more likely to adopt, in their patient consultations, public health approaches aimed at preventing sexually transmitted diseases in Australia and Vietnam.
- An international public health project which firstly, describes the oral/dental needs of ethnic aged persons and secondly, evaluates the outcome of an intervention program in promoting dental/oral health in this population. A collaborative Canadian funded project (CIHR) that examines the oral health needs of senior Chinese people in 6 cities, including Vancouver and Melbourne.
- A project which examines the predictors of safe sex outcomes in commercial sex industry. A related project focuses on a cross-national study which describes the sex work context in cities in Argentina and Australia, and more recently an ARC funded project that investigates the experiences of male clients who seek unsafe sex.
- An ARC project that investigates the sexual identity and life long experiences and relationships of older women.
- In-depth interviewing as a tool for collecting data.