The Pat and Rob Robertson-Cuninghame Honours Scholarship
The University of New England has established undergraduate scholarships to support students who have a record of academic achievement, and have been involved in leadership positions within the University and the community. Some scholarships are funded by donations or grants from individuals or organisations and may include specific criteria beyond the usual University requirements.
This scholarship honours the significant contribution Rob Robertson–Cuninghame (UNE Chancellor 1981-93) and his wife Pat, have made to the UNE.
The recipient will be a full-time, on-campus student entering their final year of an undergraduate course which is offered at Honours level and which normally takes four years at the University of New England. The recipient will be studying in one or more of the areas of Rural Science, Agriculture, Animal Science, Sustainability, Ecology and/or Zoology.
Some scholarships may affect Centrelink payments. It is the recipient’s responsibility to seek advice from Centrelink.
|Study Mode:||Full Time and On Campus|
The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident as defined by the Commonwealth.
The applicant must be entering their Honours year or be entering the final year of an undergraduate course which is offered at Honours level and which normally takes four years. Research and related practices must be the main focus in the Honours project.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate practical ability, in the field or in the laboratory, in one or more of the areas of Rural Science, Agriculture, Animal Science, Sustainability, Ecology and/or Zoology.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate financial need.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement as indicated by recent academic records.
Recommendation of the Head of School of Environmental and Rural Science (HOS ERS) or equivalent.
The Undergraduate Scholarship Committee will also consider:
- Evidence of involvement and leadership in University/College/Community activities;
- Rural background
The applicant must be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage.
- Recommendation from Head of School ER&S
- Reference Report from the University/ Head of College/Community Leader
- Attach evidence to support financial need, which may be:
- a copy of a Centrelink statement; or
- your parent's/parents' Income Tax Return/s (if dependent); or
- your own Income Tax Return (if independent); or
- a letter from an authorised person (e.g. minister of religion, accountant) that comments on your financial circumstances
14 January 2018.
How to Apply
The scholarship that you are applying for may require specific information that is not included on the application form. Please refer to the scholarship and include any extra information in the form of a word document. Do not provide a PDF version.
Complete all sections of the Scholarship Application Form and provide any other eligibility criteria from the scholarship you are applying for in a word document only.
Gather any additional documentation required by the Scholarship you are applying for, attach the application and all supporting documents to a single email message, and email to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Undergraduate scholarship holders may not hold more than one UNE scholarship if the combined value is greater than six thousand dollars ($6,000) per annum.
- The scholarship shall be administered and awarded by the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- There will be no commitment by the University to employ the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended for the nominated undergraduate area of study and may not be deferred or transferred without the written approval of the Chair of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The scholarship is payable directly into the recipient’s bank account in two instalments within a month of the Trimester One and Two census dates.
- Continuation of the scholarship is subject to satisfactory academic progress:
- The scholarship shall comprise a cash payment of six thousand dollars ($6,000) paid in two instalments for one year conditional upon the recipient maintaining a GPA of least 5.0 in each trimester
- If you make any changes to your enrolment after receiving your instalment you must notify the Undergraduate Scholarships Team. If you no longer satisfy the conditions of the scholarship you may be required to repay the instalment.
- Recipients will be required to submit brief reports (by 14th May and 17th September each year) on the progress with their studies and participation in University life.
- Any request to vary the conditions of this scholarship must be made in writing and will be determined at the discretion of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The recipient is required to attend the annual scholarships presentation evening, if they are invited to do so, and may be asked to participate in activities to promote this scholarship, including public speaking, donor liaison, media interviews and photographs.
- UNE may change these conditions on written notice to the recipient.
Acceptance of Conditions
- In accepting The Pat and Rob Robertson-Cuninghame Honours Scholarship, the recipient acknowledges that they are accepting the terms and conditions outlined above.
- Failure to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions may lead to the termination of the scholarship.