The University of New England has established undergraduate scholarships to support students who have a record of academic achievement and have been involved in leadership positions within the University and the community. Some scholarships are funded by donations or grants from individuals or organisations and may include specific criteria beyond the usual University requirements.
The recipient of the Landmark Scholarship will be a full-time, on-campus student entering their third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree in any of the following: Agriculture, Rural Science or Agriculture/Business.
Some scholarships may affect Centrelink payments.It is the recipient's responsibility to seek advice from Centrelink.
The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident as defined by the Commonwealth.
The applicant must be entering their third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree in Agriculture, Rural Science or Agriculture/Business.
The applicant must have a Credit average (GPA 5.0) or above.
Studies to date must have been completed in the minimum period of candidature applicable to the course.
The applicant must be prepared to complete the work experience component of their degree at any Landmark branch, if available.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit as indicated by recent academic records.
The Undergraduate Scholarship Committee will also consider evidence of involvement and leadership in University/College/Community activities.
- Reference from University/Head of College/Community Leader (please use this template)
- Academic Referee's Report (please use this template)
14 January 2018.
How to Apply
Complete the Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form and submit by 14 January 2018.
The scholarship that you are applying for may require specific information that is not included on the application form. Please refer to the scholarship and include any extra information in the form of a word document. Do not provide a PDF version.
Complete all sections of the Scholarship Application Form and provide any other eligibility criteria of the scholarship you are applying for in a word document only.
Gather any additional documentation required by the Scholarship you are applying for, attach the application and all supporting documents to a single email message, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Undergraduate scholarship holders may not hold more than one UNE scholarship if the combined value is greater than six thousand dollars ($6,000) per annum.
- The scholarship shall be administered and awarded by the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- There will be no commitment by the University to employ the recipient.
- The recipient is required to complete the work experience component of their degree at any Landmark branch. It is the responsibility of the recipient to contact Landmark to arrange suitable times and dates for their work experience component. If the recipient is advised by Landmark that work experience is not available with the company, the recipient has the right to explore alternative options.
- The scholarship is intended for the nominated undergraduate area of study and may not be deferred or transferred without the written approval of the Chair of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of at least 5.0 in each trimester of study.
- The scholarship of five thousand dollars ($5,000) is payable directly to the recipient’s bank account in two instalments within a month of the Trimester One and Two census dates if a cash payment is preferred. Alternatively the funds may be directly credited to the recipient’s College Residential accommodation account.
- If you make any changes to your enrolment after receiving your instalment you must notify the Undergraduate Scholarship Team. If you no longer satisfy the conditions of the scholarship you may be required to repay the instalment.
- Recipients will be required to submit brief reports (by 14th May and 17th September each year) on the progress of their studies and their participation in University life.
- Any request to vary the conditions of this scholarship must be made in writing and will be determined at the discretion of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The recipient is required to attend the annual scholarship presentation evening, if they are invited to do so, and may be asked to participate in activities to promote this scholarship, including public speaking, donor liaison, media interviews and photographs.
- UNE may change these conditions on written notice to the recipient.
Acceptance of Conditions
- In accepting the Landmark Scholarship, the recipient acknowledges that they are accepting the terms and conditions outlined above.
- Failure to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions may lead to the termination of the scholarship