David Phillipps Scholarship
The University of New England has established undergraduate scholarships to support students who have a record of academic achievement, and have been involved in leadership positions within the University and community. Some scholarships are funded by donations or grants from individuals or organisations and may include specific criteria beyond the usual University requirements.
The David Phillipps Scholarships seeks an outstanding and highly motivated continuing student enrolled in their final year or honours year of their undergraduate course at the University of New England.
Some scholarships may affect Centrelink payments. It is the recipient’s responsibility to seek advice from Centrelink.
|Study Mode:||Full Time On Campus|
The applicant must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident as defined by the Commonwealth
The applicant must be entering the final year or an honours year of an undergraduate course at University of New England.
The applicant must have a Credit average or above, or equivalent GPA of at least 5.00.
Studies to date must have been completed in the minimum period of candidature applicable to the course.
A GPA of at least 5.00 or above is required for current students.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit as indicated by recent academic records.
The applicant should provide a statement of no more than 200 words describing their career aspirations and how their studies will help achieve these.
- Reference report from a person commenting on your personal attributes.
- Your 200 (maximum) word statement describing your career aspirations and how your studies will help achieve these
14 January 2018.
How to Apply
Complete the Current Student Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form and submit by 14 January 2018.
The scholarship that you are applying for may require specific information that is not included on the application form. Please refer to the scholarship and include any extra information in the form of a word document. Do not provide a PDF version.
Complete all sections of the Scholarship Application Form and provide any other eligibility criteria from the scholarship you are applying for in a word document only.
Gather any additional documentation required by the Scholarship you are applying for, attach the application and all supporting documents to a single email message, and email to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Undergraduate scholarship holders may not hold more than one UNE scholarship if the combined value is greater than six thousand dollars ($6,000) per annum.
- The scholarship shall be administered by and made on the recommendation of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- There will be no commitment by the University to employ the recipient.
- The scholarship is intended for the nominated undergraduate course and may not be deferred or transferred without the written approval of the Chair of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The scholarship is payable directly the recipient’s bank account in two instalments within a month of the Trimester One and Two census dates.
- The scholarship shall comprise a cash payment of five thousand dollars ($5,000) paid in two instalments for one year conditional upon the recipient maintaining a GPA of at least 5.0 in each trimester.
- If you make any changes to your enrolment after receiving your instalment you must notify the Undergraduate Scholarship Team. If you no longer satisfy the conditions of the scholarship you may be required to repay the instalment.
- Recipients will be required to submit brief reports (by 14th May and 17th September each year) on their progress with their studies and involvement in sporting, cultural and community activities as well as participation in University life.
- Additional conditions may apply to some scholarships and may vary by scholarship (e.g. specific conditions on eligibility, voluntary work requirements and payment schedules). When offers are made for these scholarships, the recipient will be made aware of specific conditions that apply.
- Any request to vary the condition of the scholarship must be made in writing and will be determined at the discretion of the Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
- The recipient will be required to attend the annual scholarships presentation evening, if they are invited to do so, and may be asked to participate in activities to promote this scholarship, including public speaking, donor liaison, media interviews and photographs.
- UNE may change these Conditions on written notice to the recipient.
Acceptance of Conditions
- In accepting a David Phillipps Scholarship, the recipient acknowledges that they are accepting the terms and conditions outlined above.
- Failure to meet the requirements of these terms and conditions may lead to the termination of the scholarship.