UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)
The UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (UNE IPRA) scholarship is offered to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in a research degree at UNE.
- Up to 20 UNE IPRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a postgraduate research degree at UNE
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature between 1 November 2017 to 31 January 2018
- The UNE IPRA provides a stipend of $26,682 AUD per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Doctoral degree
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential
IPRA Round Dates
Applications can only be accepted during scholarship round dates
1 May 2017
16 June 2017
A fixed rate of AU$26,682 per annum tax free for full-time candidates, paid in fortnightly instalments.
Three years full-time for a doctoral degree, two years full-time for a Research Master's degree.
How to apply:
Please make sure you read the International Students Scholarship Application Guidelines.
Complete the International Students Scholarship Application Form.
Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
Supervisor Statement of Support
- All applicants must submit a Statement of Support from their Principal Supervisor. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
- This statement should be no more than 500 words and should outline alignment of the applicant’s research proposal with the School research priorities and provide a clear indication of the level of support of the student’s project.
- There is no specific form for the statement of support and it can be submitted direct to Research Services by the supervisor via email to email@example.com or it may be supplied by the Supervisor to the student for attachment to this application
- All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
- Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about your work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one of your referees must be able to comment on your relevant experience.
- You must also provide contact details of your referees on the application form and ask them to submit their written reports directly to the University on the Referee's Report Form.
For further information please contact https://hdr.custhelp.com/.
Further information about UNE IPRA Scholarships can be found in the UNE IPRA Terms and Conditions.
These scholarships are advertised in accordance with the UNE Research Plan 2016-2020 which states that the University will offer a greater number of International stipends in targeted areas, to a total of 200 stipends for doctoral candidates by 2018 (RE2.1.1).